Review: Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
One fantastic benefit of owning a recumbent bicycle is the fact that you no longer have to live near paved areas to enjoy biking and all other features you get from this sport. Nowadays, you have the ability to improve your overall health right from the comfort of your home.
Exerpeutic 900XL is a fantastic recumbent bike under $200 that comes packed with quality features that allow you to get your exercise from the comforts of your home.
This model has a pulse and weighs in at around 63 pounds. It also has an extended manufacturer’s warranty of 3 years.
Exerpeutic 900XL has adjustable magnetic tension control system, an easy to read LCD display that will monitor your heart and workout as well.
If you are looking for comfortable, stable and durable shoes for your recumbent exercise bike, then you need to read on for an interesting review of best women road running shoes and best men road running shoes. These shoes are not only running shoes but also suitable for recumbent exercise bike!
Whom Exerpeutic 900XL designed for:
- Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike is perfect for any user that has an overwhelmingly tight schedule and does not have time to hit the gym.
- It’s perfect for anyone looking to improve their overall fitness, those looking to lose weight, for anyone that has been prescribed “exercise” by their doctor after an injury, for anyone rehabbing from knee surgery.
- Do you live in an apartment? Then Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike is a fantastic product to purchase that makes no noise meaning that you will not disturb your downstairs neighbors as you exercise.
- It is also a great choice for anyone looking for a cheap alternative. It is well priced and packed with features to ensure that your body stays lean.
Exerpeutic 900XL Features
Now that I have your undivided attention, it is time to find out what features of the Exerpeutic 900xl are so appealing. Here are the top features of the bike.
8 Levels Magnetic Adjustable Tension Control System
This feature allows you choose from 1 of 8 tensions levels. No matter how challenging or hard your workout is, the bike stays firm and sturdy.
This bike’s 8 resistance levels provides you with the options of choosing what level you will like to start from. Beginners should find this feature attractive.
You can start from the lowest tension and then increase it as your endurance improves. Whether you are an expert or a beginner, you are sure to feel the tension.
V-Belt drive and precision balanced flywheel
This feature offers you a nice smooth and quiet ride. This is one of the best features this bike has to offer. Thanks to the precision balance flywheel, it is super quite.
It is so convenient to read a book, listen to music without increasing volume and watch a move, even if other people are in the room. It is so quiet you can hear anything.
LCD display and a heart rate monitor
This bike consists of a heart rate monitor that will monitor your heart rate while you are pedaling and holding the grip. This allows the machine to tell you when you are driving yourself tool hard and when you should reduce the intensity of your workout.
Its LCD screen is easy to read and user-friendly. It calculates and shows you the distance you have pedaled, calories you have burned, how long you have exercised for and your speed.
A large size cushioned seat with a backrest
The seats on the Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent bike are large enough to accommodate a person of 300lbs. And with its backrest, you can relax in a comfortable position while you pedal.
Its back support and seat are well cushioned and are adjustable. This means you can adjust it to the most comfortable position that suits you. You will definitely enjoy your workout without having to worry about suffering from back pains.
The Exerpeutic 900XL comes with wheels which make moving it around easy. This adds to its versatility as it does not have to be stationary in your gym room or living room.
If you feel like working out in a different room in your house, you can easily roll it from your sitting room to your bedroom. Maneuvering it is a breeze. This makes this bike so amazing and convenient to use.
Step through style, and Large Pedals with Straps
The Exerpeutic 900XL is designed in such a way that getting on and off the bike is made easy. The pedals are also large enough to suit whatever size foot, and they also have a foot strap that will keep your feet from slipping while you ride.
So, basically, you not only feel comfortable while you ride you also feel safe and secure. No matter how fast or rugged your workout is you are sure your feet won’t slip from the pedals.
- LCD display shows your current distance, how many calories you burned, time spent, speed, and heart rate information
- Easy assembly
- Compact size that does not require too much storage space
- Large seat that can easily cater for people with different body sizes
- Larger pedals with safety straps
- Quiet while pedaling
- Transport wheels for easy movement
- Low price compared to other products
- Can accommodate weights of up to 300- pound.
- Sturdy & Stable.
- Console works fine
- Accurate pulse rate
- Construction mixed with steel and plastic
- Can take awhile to assemble
- No book holder on console to hold an MP3 player or tablet or book
- Seat adjustment setting can be a aggravate if used by more than one user
- No programs
- You need mat or carpet under the bike to protect your floor
Overall, this product offers a good workout to anyone, looking to lose weight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much assembly is required?
A: You will need to allocate a little over one hour to assemble it. However, it comes inclusive of an informative manual that will guide you step by step.
Q: Will I be able to reach pedals if I’m only 5 feet tall?
A: You can place a pillow on the back and comfortably pedal away.
Q: Is this bike suitable for a senior?
A: Yes, it is suitable for seniors.
Q: How much space it takes to storage?
A: The bike takes 4 and 1/2 feet long and 2 feet wide space for storage.
- If you feel uncomfortable to stay on the bike for 40-50 minutes, then put a pillow on the seat.
- Use an over bed table (price less than $60) to hold your book or laptop.
- If you are under 5 feet then move the seat forward as you can.
This top rated recumbent bike, as you can see is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a cheap alternative to a bicycle. You will be able to use from the comfort of your home.
Exercise as you catch up on work or with your favorite show. It does not make any noise meaning that you will not disturb your downstairs neighbor. All in all, a perfect choice for people looking to workout at an affordable price.
Summary: Don’t let the minimal drawbacks dissuade you, go out and buy this recumbent bike today!