Review: Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
A home exercise bike is a piece of exercise equipment that mimics motions of an actual bicycle. You are able to derive the same benefits from a home biking device that you would from a regular outdoor cycling activity. This is where Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike comes into play.
If you are looking for space, comfort, and convenience in a recumbent exercise bike, then you need to Read on for an interesting Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike reviews.
Whom Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike designed for:
- Exerpeutic 400xl Folding Recumbent Bike is a great option for users who do not have time to hit the gym. You will be able to get a workout right from the comfort of your home.
- Exerpeutic 400XL is also a good choice for large families. Sometimes paying gym fees for your entire family can be expensive. However, when you have your own Exerpeutic 400XL bike, your whole family will be able to enjoy and use anytime they please.
- Many people with joint issues will be able to use it successfully without pain.
Exerpeutic 400XL Recumbent Bike Features
Now that you are done with the short intro above, you are expecting some rough and tumble features that will blow your mind. We will not disappoint you, here are the top features of the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike.
The Exerpeutic 400XL is 19 inches and weigh 39 lbs
These statistics shows that this is a lightweight bike. When I first saw it, it looked like it will not support me as I workout. I thought it will tip over during an intense workout, but this is not the case.
It is surprisingly firm while riding. It consists of a tubing frame made out of steel which helps it stay sturdy and in place while you workout. This bike will sit solidly on either carpet, wooden or tiled floors as long as the floor is flat.
3-Piece Crank System
With this feature, your pedaling motion experience will be a consistent and smooth one. This bike is super quiet thanks to its v-belt drive and precision balanced flywheel.
You can enjoy a tranquil workout while pedaling on the bike. Its noise is insignificant. So even if you want to do something else while you workout like watch your favorite program on television, it is sure not to interfere with it. You will hear clearly without having to raise the volume of your TV or Radio.
Hand Pulse Sensors and a Large LCD Display Screen
This 400XL Exerpeutic bike consists of a hand pulse sensor that monitors your heart rate while you exercise. This way, you can gauge the intensity of your workout. You will know when you are pushing too hard, and when to slow down.
The large LCD display screen calculates and displays the distance you covered, your speed, time and calories you have burned. It is easy to read and its dimension is 3.3Wx1.5H inches.
Oversize Cushioned Seat & Backrest
This bike seat is large enough to suit riders of any size. With the seat’s backrest, your posture will be perfect. You don’t need to worry about back pains or joint pains. Another amazing feature this seat has is that it is adjustable.
It adjusts in such a way that it can fit who are from 5ft 2 inches tall to up to 6ft 2 inches. The dimension from handle to handle of the seat is 21” so you will find the seat wide enough to fit you or any other user.
It has 8 level magnetic tension system and foot straps
This bike also comes with 8 options of different levels of tension. This allows you choose how intense you want your workout to be. As a beginner, you may want to start with the lowest resistance then as you get better you increase the tension.
The 1st resistance level is a lot easy to pedal and goes easy on the knees. Most physicians recommend it for knee rehab. However, if you are an experienced user and do intense pedaling, you don’t have to worry about your foot slipping because the pedals of this bike come with straps to keep your feet from slipping while you workout.
The Bike is Foldable and has Wheels
If you are worried you don’t have enough space to store this bike, storage space will not be a problem with the 400XL recumbent bike as it folds into half of its original size. That means, it is sure not to take up a lot of space.
This compact design also comes with a wheel for easy maneuvering. You can fold up your Exerpeutic 400XL and roll it into your desired storage with ease. When it is folded its dimension is 20Lx17Wx54H inches.
- Assembling is easy and simple (30 to 45 minutes)
- Sturdy construction
- Precision-balanced flywheel
- LCD display tracks your distance, calories, time, speed, and heart rate
- Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit
- Strong design prevents any unwanted movement when cycling
- 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Highly comfortable
- Large seat cushion and backres
- tSeat is easy to adjust and comfortable
- Quiet and you can watch TV
- Transportation wheels for easy transport
- Large pedal design with safety straps
- Foldable and take small place to store
- Can accommodate weight of up to 300 lbs
- Easy to use
- Helpful for knee problem
- Its console provides only estimates that you will use as a guide
- Console does not include any pre-programmed workouts
- Plastic material is a bit flimsy
- Seat may be uncomfortable to some user
- Heart rate and calories burned statistics aren’t always accurate
- May be uncomfortable for those over 6 feet tall
- Computer casing made with plastic
- No bottle holder
- No preset workout program
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does it come pre-assembled?
A: No. You will need to allocate approximately 30-40 minutes to assemble it. However, you will have access to easy to follow directions.
Q: Can I use it if I’m 4ft 9 inches?
A: Yes you can. But you need to put pillows in your back.
Q: Does it fold-able?
A: Yes, It does.
Q: Is it easy for seniors?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: Can I pedal backward on this bike?
A: Yes you can.
Q: How easy to adjust the seat height?
A: It’s very easy. Just unscrew a knob move the seat and re-tighten the knob. Just takes few seconds.
The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is a compactly designed bike that you will find ideal if you have limited space for your exercise in your apartment. Its wheels make it easy to move from place to place, and this bike stays stable and firm on all surfaces.
So whether it is a carpeted floor or wooden floor that you place your bike on, the Exerpeutic 400XL will stay in place without slipping or be moving about. Lose all the weight while you pedal safely with the pedal strap and enjoy a generally comfortable workout with this recumbent bike.
Summary: Don’t let the minimal drawbacks dissuade you, go out and buy this recumbent exercise bike today!