Review: Marcy NS-716R Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike
Marcy NS-716R is a newer version of the highly popular Marcy ME-709. It is more affordable, more versatile, durable, and easier to use. Marcy NS-716R comprises of a large seat with backrest, magnetic resistance, and a very easy to navigate console that will provide you with necessary feedback as you exercise.
If you want buy an appropriate shoe for your recumbent exercise bike, then read the detailed review of women road running shoes & Men road running shoes.
Whom Marcy NS-716R Recumbent Bike designed for:
- There aren’t many exercise bikes with such features in this price range. Looking to save a few bucks from your workout regimes? Then this is just what you need in your life. Priced at approximately $180, you cannot find a better deal out there.
- Marcy NS-716R is a cheap recumbent bike that will provide you with much-needed exercise at a very affordable price.
- This item is a good option for anyone who has experienced a severe injury and their doctor recommended “exercise” as a prescription. You will be able to manage and record your routine – pick how easy or intense you need your sessions to be and work your way up from there. In no time, your bones will be back to normal and your body back in shape.
Marcy NS-716R Features
If you are an sportsman or beginner who is looking for efficiency, space and comfort, then this easy to maneuver recumbent exercise bike was made with you in mind.
Marcy NS-716R seems a bit lightweight as it measures in at 53 lbs. However, this model is able to hold you steadily without wobbling or flexing beneath your weight.
Made from durable steel tubing, it has wide stabilizer bars that ensure it does not sway from side to side. You do not want to get a machine that is too heavy nor one that is too light.
You want to find something that provides stability, balance, and one that is sturdy enough yet light enough to move to and fro. This model is lightweight yet ensures it provides you with great stability that will provide you with much-needed balance at all times. You do not have to worry about topping over or it wobbling when in use.
You want to always purchase a model that has different adjustability levels. Marcy NS-716R is just that. The bike can be adjusted to fit a range of different heights.
However, past users have found that Marcy NS-716R is more accommodating for individuals between 5ft and 6ft. Shorter or taller individuals tend to get uncomfortable.
Another great feature is its price. This product is highly affordable and lasts for a very long time when well cared for. Money is always a key determinant when it comes to a person deciding whether they are going to purchase something or not.
How much are you willing to spend? Are you willing to go overboard in order to get some extra features or do you plan to use just what you have saved and no penny on top?
Some people tend to get carried away when they see other features more expensive models entail. Our advice? Always stick to your budget.
Do not go over budget in the hopes that you will pay off your debt after some time. If you cannot afford it, then opt for a cheaper model that is inclusive of as many needed features as possible.
Marcy NS-716R has a basic console that measures time, calories, speed, and distance. This console has its limitations and benefits. It does not measure heart rate unlike a lot of other recumbent exercise bikes. A user is actually able to use it without the console to exercise.
Marcy NS-716R is delivered part assembled. You will need approximately one hour to fully assemble it. The tools required to finish assembly are included in the packaging along with instructions and diagrams that are clearly marked.
Thanks to its highly detailed instructional manual, anyone can be able to assemble it without needed to have any prior experience dealing with tools. Handy with tools or not, you will be able to achieve a fully assembled model in a very short amount of time.
- You can use it without the console to exercise
- Incredibly sturdy especially for a model that is lightweight
- Provides high levels of comfort for all users – small or bigger people
- Very affordable
- Comes inclusive of 8 levels of resistance
- Easy assembly, clean, and store
- Has a front roller to help with portability
- Has a leveler in the rear end caps that help to level up your bike when on an uneven floor
- Does not measure heart rate
- Console is not backlit so it’s hard to see in poor light conditions
- Does not come with any pre-set workouts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much storage space do I need?
A: This bike requires an area of 52 by 25 inches when not in use
Q: What’s its total weight?
A: This model weight’s 53 pounds – it is relatively light to move from place to place
Marcy NS-716R is a great beginner’s bike. It is also a good option for anyone who is working on a tight budget. This product comes with a padded seat and backrest for added comfort making it a great option for people with joint pains and for those people recovering from injuries.
Considering the level of comfort and performance of the bike, this is definitely a product that is worth your investment.