Review: Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Biking workouts are great for weight loss, toning, and building muscles. These machines work out your entire body; they work out major muscle groups, help develop both upper and lower body strength, and they also get your heart beat up, which in turn increases blood flow to your entire system. Here Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike comes into play!
Whom Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike designed for:
- Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike is perfect for anyone looking to improve their overall fitness, those looking to lose weight, of for anyone that has been prescribed “exercise” by their doctor after an injury.
Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Bike Features
Some of the versatile features you should expect when buying this best recumbent bike. It includes 8 level of present resistance, tension tightening knobs, Fantastic pedals with safety strap and a lot. Below we will explore these features in greater detail.
With Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Bike, the back half of it can be moved closer or further away from pedals. You do not need to adjust seats as you might normally need to on other models.
All you will do is move entire, back frame to or fro depending on your height and which setting you prefer. Adjusting Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike is relatively easy.
You need to do is shift the sliding bar located on the floor. This can be done in just a few seconds. This adjust ability makes Marcy ME 709 recumbent bike a good choice for anyone between 5ft 2 inches and 6 feet. However, people below 5 ft 2 inches will have to stretch to reach pedals.
This Recumbent Bike comes with a basic console that will measure distance, time, speed, total distance, and calories burned. It does not measure your heart rate, though. A user can select how many measures him /her wants to see during workout – or you can opt to have it set to scan through all measures every four seconds.
You will be able to read your measures on its large LCD screen. However, since LCD screen does not have the back light, it can be hard for you to see in poor light conditions.
Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Bike has an incredibly comfortable seat that is oversized with a padded Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bikebackrest. Back rest is angled in a manner that provides users with much needed back support during their sessions.
This is a very quiet bicycle. You can exercise without having to worry about disrupting your neighbors. This model is so quiet that you can exercise as your family sleeps and you do not run the risk of waking them up.
Marcy ME 709’s handlebars are covered with a rubber material that is non-slip. You will have a firm grip regardless of how much your hands sweat.
The bike comes partially assembled. You will need to allocate approximately one hour to finish up assembly. Do not worry, though; assembly is fairly straight forward and it comes inclusive of all tools that you might need.
The bicycle is inclusive of 8 levels of preset resistance. You will have to manually change resistance levels by using its tension knob located at the front of the bike right below its console.
Since Marcy ME 709 is preset resistance, it operates very quietly and requires no maintenance since all its parts do not touch.
Strap located on pedals are easy to adjust and will hold your feet securely in place at all times. One small drawback is that people with larger feet might not be able to use the strap as there will not be enough space. However, even without straps holding your feet into place, it is very hard for your feet to slip if your bike is adjusted properly for you.
- 8 levels of preset resistance
- Easy assembly
- Easy-to-adjust tension-tightening knob for different fitness levels
- Can be adjusted to fit different heights
- Smooth pedaling
- Large console display tracks speed, distance, time, and calories
- Seat is large and comfortable
- Transportation wheels
- Take less space for store
- 2 sets handlebars that allow you to exercise in different positions
- Counterbalanced pedals with adjustable foot straps
- Built-in transport wheels
- Does not come with a heart monitor
- Could be tough to adjust for different height
- Monitor is very basic
- Lack of high tension settings
- No programs
- Result of calorie count not always accurate
- Anyone shorter than 5’2″ could see having problems with this
- Does not have any pre-programmed workouts
- Can not track heart rate
- Could be difficult for anyone under 5 feet 2 inch
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does this model come fully assembled?
A: No, it does not. It comes partially assembled and a user will need to tighten all screws, put on the seat and tires as well. However, this process is very fast and you should not take more than 60 minutes.
Q: Can it handle my weight if I weigh over 300 pounds?
A: Yes, Marcy ME 709 should comfortable hold your weight without any strain
Q: Is the bike works for someone 6′ 2″ tall?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: Is it quiet?
A: Yes, it is totally quiet.
Q: Can this be folded?
A: No, it can’t be.
- If you are under 5 feet tall then you have to adjust the seat to most forward position and it’s just double. You can put a small pillow behind your back and be perfectly comfortable.
Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Bike is a good option for anyone looking for a pocket-friendly bicycle that will provide them with moderate exercise levels.
The bicycle is very comfortable, sturdy, and durable. Granted it does have its drawbacks. Overall, Marcy ME 709 is a product that you should take into consideration next time you are hunting for the best recumbent exercise bike.